Film Regulations for the City of Miami
FILM PERMIT GUIDELINES
**FILM PERMITS DO NOT APPLY TO RESIDENTIAL, PRIVATE OR LEASED CITY PROPERTY**
1) Application: Complete online application at www.filmiami.org. Office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Mon.– Fri. Allow two business days to process the application; complex productions may take longer. Approved film permits will be faxed to the applicant.
2) Insurance Certificate:
3) We require applicants to provide written notification to any commercial/residential establishment that they will be working in front of, or adjacent to. Production is responsible for all clean-up after filming.
4) Productions that will be blocking city sidewalks/streets need to apply for a Special Events (Sidewalk/Street Block) Permit from the City of Miami Police Department, Special Events Office at 400 N.W. 2nd Avenue, Room 201B. (305) 579-6440. Office hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Mon. – Fri. Applicants must come in person and pay a $100 fee. For larger productions on city sidewalks or streets, off-duty police officers may be required at an hourly fee (three-hour minimum) plus a $3 per hour surcharge. Productions on State roads/bridges such as Flagler Street, Biscayne Boulevard, S.W. 8th Street, etc. require a Department of Transportation (DOT) permit as well. Contact (305) 470-5367.
5) For productions in City parks contact the Office of Film and Special Events at (305) 416-1318, after filing a permit application and providing proof of insurance. A park usage fee will be incurred.
6) For productions in City properties other than parks, such as marinas, etc. Please contact the Office of Film and Special Events for further contact information and instructions.
7) To reserve parking meters or city parking lots contact the Off-Street Parking Department at (305) 373-6789. Fees will be incurred.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL (305) 416 - 1318