Roy W. Dean Short Film Grant Awards
2022 Fall Grant Awards – Open for Submissions
Deadline for Submissions is October 31st, 2022
- $3,000 cash from From The Heart Productions
- $500 Britt Penrod Award to a film that is unique and that makes an exceptionalcontribution to society.
- $15,000.00 in original music written by well-known composer David Raiklen.(Exclusive of recording costs)
- $6,000.00 in animation from Emmy award winner Charlie Canfield. This is 1/3 off normal price for 6 weeks of animation
- $500 in grip, lighting or expendables from Filmtools
- $750 in Grant Writing Services from Karen Everett of New Doc Editing. Karen is contributing 50% off her company’s services, up to 6 hours. (At $250/hour, this is the equivalent of a $750 donation.) Karen@newdocediting.com.
- $1,620.00 for one consultation a month with Carole Deanon financing your film
- 20% off documentary editing services from Monroe Robertson
- Tom Malloyof Glass House Distribution donates an hour of consultation on distribution of your film
- $700 one week DSLR camera package rental from Birns & Sawyerwhich includes Canon 5D Mark III camera body, a 24-70mm Canon EOS lens, 2 batteries, charger, carrying case, and two 32G Compact Flash media cards.
- Free consultation, marketing material creation and design and marketing/strategizing for producer-writer-director team for solicitation of distribution from Smart Girls Productions
- Free consultation on funding from Morrie Warshawski
- 20% discount on the design of your marketing sheet by professional Dan Chapman
- 30% Discount by Jerry Deaton for Music Post Production Services at AudioKut
- Skip SoRelledonates a generous discount for the entire audio post process of audio restoration, EQ, sound design and mix.
- 35% Discount from 1st Imprintfor all your printing needs
- $600.00 for your Free Closed Captioning by Cineprosmedia(email@example.com)
- $500 Value in still shots by Carole Joyce, Authentic Visions Consulting
- $500 Access to Norman Berns‘ courses; Script Breakdown $100, Righting Rotten Resumes $50, Creating effective business plans $150, How to make a Budget $100; program budgeting $100
- $500.00 Donation of 2 hour Social Media Marketing Assessment and Consultation for your current business or current entertainment project
- $200 for the Mary Pickford screening room at Raleigh Studios
- Special FTH rate of $400.00 fee for consultation with filmmakers covering everything from preproduction to marketing by Jason Smith, Producer/Director of I Voted!
- 25% Discount on legal work from Mark Litwak
- 40% discount on printed materials ( Postcards, Posters, Press kits, Business cards, etc.) from Copymat, Hollywood.
- 25% off a dialogue list and 10% off of transcription services from Alpha Dog Transcriptions
- 10% discount on DCP conversion service and use facility for no charge. Chris@simpledcp.com.
- $117.00 TriLens holder from Frii Designs
- $110.00 Session for free from Breianne Pryseto clear and strengthen energy, get clarity and dissolve blocks
50% off the cost of 8 sessions over four month training in the Intentional Filmmaking class. https://fromtheheartproductions.com/intentional-filmmaking/
From the Heart Productions requests a rolling “Thank You” credit to all of the donors on the grant. Your application, if chosen as a winner, may be published or used to educate other filmmakers by FTHP.
Application Form: https://fromtheheartproductions.com/grant-application-form/