Village of Key Biscayne Film Permit Application and Requirements
Film permits are required for all filming activity, commercial or non-commercial, that will take place in public locations. The Village Manager's Office is the central coordinator for filming use of locations administered by the Village of Key Biscayne such as parks, beaches, roadways, and Village facilities.
Film permit applications require the following (you may download the entire application package (PDF)):
- Review the approval provisions from Village of Key Biscayne, Code of Ordinances, Part II-Code, Chapter 7 Business Regulations, Article III-Filming (PDF).
- Set up a meeting with the Village Manager five (5) working days prior to the first date of usage (prep/shooting) by contacting the Executive Assistant to the Village Manager at (305) 365-8919. Working days do not include weekends and state holidays.
- A Film Permit Application (PDF) must be filled out completely and submitted to the Village Manager's Office with all required documentation.
- A Special Event Application (PDF) must be filled out completely and submitted to the Building, Zoning and Planning Department with all required documentation. (The Special Event Application fee will be waived by the Village Manager.)
- Applicant shall provide evidence of public liability insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000.00 or as otherwise established by the Village. All insurance policies shall name the Village of Key Biscayne as additional insured (please see a sample Certificate of Liability Insurance (PDF)).
- Applicant will need to post a $5,000 cash bond to be held by the Village of Key Biscayne to be used, if necessary, to repair damage to public property caused by the filming.
- The Film Permit Fee is $100.00 (Check made payable to the Village of Key Biscayne).
Village of Key Biscayne
Village Manager's Office
88 W. McIntyre Street, Suite 210
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Tel.; (305) 365-8919
Fax: (305) 365-8936