Hurricane Preparedness for Your Production
After-Storm Contingency Plan
Your insurance carrier wants to know you have a plan in case you are impacted by a hurricane: Are there shooting locations that could be non-filmable after a hurricane? Are there suitable alternate locations in the area? List them.
- If your production offices are not usable, have you found and are you prepared to move to another site?
- Have you access to generators if power is not completely available?
- Of major equipment used, have you arranged for access to replacements for storm-damaged equipment?
Designate Hurricane Plan Coordinator & Staff
- Determine and provide the member of the production team who will be responsible for activating the hurricane plan monitoring the weather advisories
- Name department heads who will assist in implementing the plan, and who they will be supervising.
- Information about creating a disaster kit should be provided to all cast and crew. Disaster kits should include at a minimum, 3 days of supplies such as cash, fuel, first aid and medicines, food and water, flashlights and spare batteries, clothing and bedding. The production should consider providing some of these for cast or crew members who might not have the time to assemble them.
DETAILS OF YOUR HURRICANE PLAN Ι After-Storm Contingency Plan Ι Watch vs Warning Ι Recovery from the storm Ι Hurricane Facts Ι Hurricane Links You Need to Know Ι Ways to Stay Informed Ι What to Listen For