Hurricane Preparedness for Your Production
DETAILS OF YOUR HURRICANE PLAN
Your insurance specialist will need the following information from you to present to the underwriters for productions planned during hurricane season.
- Production information and dates
- Describe the type of production / provide synopsis
- List dates of pre-production, production, and/or post for Florida
- List locations, and any pre-existing preparedness plans, for:
- Production offices
- Filming locations
- Are your offices, stages, locations, or cast or crew accommodations in a mandatory evacuation zone? To determine if you are in an evacuation zone click here and check the interactive map.
- List your evacuation and protection plans:
- Cast and Crew: Determine where they will go.
- Shelters located in Miami-Dade County - Interactive map
- Storm Aides for Everyone (SAFE)
- Local: Will probably have personal hurricane plans, but will require some time to implement them.
- Non-local: Production should make plans to shelter them in a safe place, or to relocate them away from the hurricane. Contact hotels in expected safe areas in advance, as they will book up quickly before a storm!
- Equipment and Vehicles: Your plan should show how you will keep them safe from wind and flood hazards. A plan to return equipment before a storm’s impact will suffice. Watertight storage in a wind-safe structure should be considered. Supply addresses and phone numbers of equipment rental houses and vendors you are using.
- Locations: Create a plan to secure your locations, production offices and soundstages. Determine alternates for these facilities in the event any are damaged by the storm
- EMERGENCY CONTACT LIST:
- Assemble emergency contact information for all cast and crew.
- Create a plan to contact them after the hurricane has passed.
DETAILS OF YOUR HURRICANE PLAN Ι After-Storm Contingency Plan Ι Watch vs Warning Ι Recovery from the storm Ι Hurricane Facts Ι Hurricane Links You Need to Know Ι Ways to Stay Informed Ι What to Listen For