HomeSite MapContact Us
Follow us on:

Film Permit Info Center

Here in the Film Permit Information
Center you will find useful information such as: Who needs a permit?, County General Information, County Owned Facilities and City Filming Regulations.
> Visit the Film Permit Info Center

Applying for a Film Permit

The following information will be needed to apply for a Film Permit:
Information: Name and Address.
Insurance Policy: Insurance Company and Policy Number. Please visit the insurance information page  for more information regarding where to send your insurance certificates and the appropriate information for additionally insured  for the City of Miami Beach and Miami-Dade County.

Production Company & Production Contacts: Name, Title, Phone Number, Fax, Cellular, Pager, E-Mail.
Production Information: Production Title, Production Type, Extras, Cast, Crew, Dollars Spent Locally, Number of Production Days, Hotel Name, Location of Hotel, Number of Rooms per Night.
Location Request: Name, Address, Start and End Date, Description of Scene.

Follow us on Twitter

Permitting Information Center


Film Permits are generally required throughout Miami-Dade County and each of its municipalities for commercial film, video or still photo shoots that are conducted on public property; that is, on roads and streets, sidewalks, or in parks, beaches or public buildings. offers one stop on-line permitting for Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, and City of Miami Beach facilities and properties, as well as for most other local municipalities.

Permits cost $100.00 per each 28 production days. We do require a minimum of 24 hour notice for permits (Exceptions: Port of Miami, Miami International Airport, Miami-Dade Transit - permits need sometimes up to 14 days notice and are subject to approval), a certificate of insurance additionally insuring Miami-Dade County, or the appropriate municipality, for $1 million of liability and specific information on locations, dates and times, budget information and any other special arrangements.

A Film Permit is not required for individuals filming or video taping only for personal or private use or for employees of print or electronic news media for "breaking news" events. Students and faculty filming exclusively for educational purposes don't require a film permit, however, we prefer that one is applied for (the permit application fee is waived if the student and project are verified by a school/professor). Also, Miami-Dade County does not require a film permit for shoots on private property (residential or otherwise). However, if you are filming in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County, on sidewalks or streets, or parking vehicles in swale areas, then those areas need to be permitted. Noise ordinances apply to all film permitting. A permit can not be issued in residential and certain other areas prior to 7:00am or after 11:00pm. Please check with the City of Miami and Miami Beach Film offices regarding the conditions for film/photo shoots in residential neighborhoods (see contact info below) 

To apply for a film permit, please visit and fill out the online application form.    

Please note: that you can permit for The City of Miami and the Miami Beach through the FilMiami permitting system at www.FilMiami.orgwebsite. However, City of Miami and Miami Beach has their own Film Offices and the permits that are submitted through system for those municipalities, are NOT issued through the Miami-Dade County Office of Film and Entertainment but are issued by those respective offices.  See Below:

  • City of Miami Office of Film & Special Events- 305-416-1350/1322/1318
  • Office of Film and Event Production Management - 305-673-7070

For a list of municipalities within Miami-Dade County permitted by the Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment, please contact us at 305-375-3288

City Filming Regulations

Who Needs a Permit?


The following are some popular County locations/Departments and their guidelines:

  • Parks: Arrangements and approval must be made in advance with the appropriate park manager. County Parks usually charge a film/photo fee per day of $300.00 (Exception: Crandon Park Beach. Go to:  Film permit Info center for details- Crandon has higher film/photo fees), as well as, for vehicle parking. Some Parks limit the number of film crews that can shoot on a particular day
  • Miami-Dade County Transit System:  Approval and an Access letter must be obtained from the Transit Special Events coordinator through our office. Special conditions apply to each individual request.  Please see the Film Permit Info Center on our website, for the filming regulations of the Transit system. Most film/photo requests require the hiring of a County designated security guard to accompany film shoots on the Transit system.
  • Miami International Airport:    Approval must be obtained and coordinated by MIA's Special Event Manager through our office. All requests must be emailed to Dee Belz ( and Martha Hoffmann (, Film and Entertainment permit coordinators for the Miami-Dade County Office of Film and Entertainment.  It can take up to 10 days for approval. Filming is subject to availability. Special clearances must be obtained for filming in certain areas. NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND, FAUX OR OTHERWISE ARE ALLOWED BY CAST OR CREW AT ANY AIRPORT. All filming at Miami International Airport requires a canine sweep. Production may be required to hire Miami-Dade County Off-duty police. An electrical tie-in requires the hiring of the house electrician.
  • Port of Miami, New and Old Port Bridges: Approval must be obtained from the Assistant Director of Seaport Promotions through our office. Letter of intent must be emailed to Dee Belz ( or Martha Hoffmann (, Film and Entertainment permit coordinators for the Miami-Dade County Office of Film and Entertainment. A letter must be on company letterhead and must include. A Seaport Special Events Form (see Film Permit Info Center at needs to be completed which includes the full names and date of birth for each person in your crew and cast.  At least one Off-duty Officer and one Port Security officer must accompany production. A 14 days advance notice may be required. There is a per person cost for cast and crew security passes. There is a 72 hour minimum advance notice for security clearance and security passes to be issued. Coordination of Miami-Dade Seaport police must be secured within 48 hours of shoot date. An on-site scout with production and port personnel is required at least 72 hours in advance of shoot date. Certain other fees might apply. NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND, FAUX OR OTHERWISE ARE ALLOWED AT THE PORT. (Currently there is no filming on the Old Port Bridge due to construction.)
    • Download the POM Cast & Crew Security Form (.xls file)
      Please provide us with either driver's license information, or passport information. Please use the US Postal abbreviations for the states. If you are providing passport information, please enter the passport number in the column for the driver's licensee number. In the column for driver's license state, please enter the country that issued the passport. Please remember to enter your date of birth as well. If you are arriving by bus, please provide a date of birth and driver's license information on the bus driver. PLEASE DO NOT ALTER THE MASSLABEL.xls (22KB) Form.
  • Medical Examiner's Office:  Ability to shoot at the ME's Office is on a case-by-case basis. At a minimum an Indemnification Agreement/Waiver of Liability must be signed and the understanding of the Dale Earnhardt Law is understood and abided by. Please contact the Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment for more information, 305-375-3288. A film permit is required in addition to any paperwork that the ME's Office provides.
  • Roads & Bridges:  Ability to shoot on roads or bridges is on a case-by-case basis. In addition to a County film permit, some roads and bridges might require a permit from the Florida Department of Transportation. Please contact the Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment for more information, 305-375-3288. Filming on most roads and bridges in Miami-Dade County require the hiring of off-duty police. In addition, filming on bridges may require the hiring of a bridge supervisor. No permission will be give to film on roads and/or bridges during rush hour traffic. All road and bridge permissions are coordinated through our office.
  • Off-Duty Police: The Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment coordinates the hiring of Miami-Dade Off-duty police officers for the purpose of a film shoot. Contact the office for further details, 305-375-3288.
  • Judicial System:  Any County Judicial facility requires a signed Hold Harmless Agreement. Permission for filming must be obtained both from the facilities supervisor as well as the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida Director's Office of Government Liaison and Public Relations. All Interior and Courtroom requests require approval from Administrative Judge. Any electrical tie-in requires the hiring of the house electrician.
    For information on permitting a specific location contact our office at 305-375-3288.
  • Special Effects & Pyrotechnics:  For film/photo shoot activities in the jurisdiction of the County, the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue (MDFR) does require that the permit holder obtain required approval, fire standby & fire permit, as may be required, from MDFR Special Events Bureau prior to the activity.  Pyrotechnics will require approval, inspection & permit & may be coordinated via the MDFR Special Events Bureau. Additional fees for fire permits and personnel might apply. The MDFR permits are in addition to a film permit that is also necessary for pyrotechnics, even if on private property.
  • Water and Sewer Department:

  • Department of Environmental Resource Management (DERM):
  • Vizcaya:
  • Zoo Miami:


City Filming Regulations:

State Parks:

Child Labor:

National Parks and Preserves:

All production companies wishing to film on any federally-owned, military installation must first contact the Department of Defense. All scripts must be approved by the Department of Defense before any production can take place.

For information regarding U.S. military assistance in producing feature motion pictures, television shows, documentaries, music videos, commercial advertisements, CD-ROM games, and other audiovisual programs, please contact the Military Service being portrayed or being asked to provide assistance:

  • Department of Defense
    Special Assistant for Entertainment Media
    Department of Defense
    The Pentagon, Room 2E592
    Washington, DC 20301-1400
    (703) 695-2936 / FAX (703) 695-1149
  • Army
    Chief, Office of Army Chief of Public Affairs
    Los Angeles Branch
    10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    (310) 235-7621 / FAX (310) 235-6075
  • Navy
    Director, Navy Office of Information West
    10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1220
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    (310) 235-7481 / FAX (310) 235-7856
  • Air Force
    Director, Secretary of the Air Force
    Office of Public Affairs
    Office of Public Affairs-Entertainment Liaison
    10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1240
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    (310) 235-7511 / FAX (310) 235-7500
  • Marine Corps
    Director, Marine Corps Public Affairs
    Motion Picture and Television Liaison
    10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1230
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    (310) 235-7272 / FAX (310) 235-7274





Home|Privacy Statement|Disclaimer |About Miami-Dade |Agency Directory |Contact Us
2019 Miami-Dade County. All rights reserved.